Thursday, November 8, 2012

C4K Summary for October

Ethan in Mrs. Dunlop's 4th grade class,room 49 on kidsblog.org. His comment was on jumping in leaves he talked about how they smelled and they way they sound when you jump in them. He compared the sound to falling money and his suggestion was not to jump in them with your mouth open. My comment to him was about how much I loved the Fall and that I think he is right about leaving your mouth open because you could get little pieces of leaves in your mouth. I also told him that his comparison to falling money was good and that I have never thought of it that way.

Mike is in the 11th grade in Mike Gwaltney's class. His post was on the Exploration of learning styles. His learning style was partnering. Partnering is where the teacher engages the students by asking questions. Mike talked about how he tends to procrastinate doing his school work and how this style of learning keeps in more willing to learn. My comment to him was asking him if he thinks that this style of learning has allowed to learn more on a subject.

Dylan is in Mr. Capps class. His post was on the characters of the book My Rows and Piles of coins. He described each character. My reply to him was that I have never read the book but I think I may want to. I asked him if he enjoyed this book and which character was his favorite.

Ashley is in Mrs. Spencer's class in Alberta, Canada. Her blog post was a slide show that she created. It was pictures of what I am assuming is Canada. My comment to here was that I loved her slideshow and all the pictures. I also told her that I have never been to Canada but I would like to go. I also told her that I don't think I will be able to survive the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment